Sunday, February 17, 2008

an ode to my brother jim

An ode to my brother Jim
What would I do without him?
He's got the best job;
He gets to hob nob
With outdoors people like him.
When his connections are made,
He buys me stuff that I crave:
A bag that is green,
Great discounts from Keen,
Sandals the brand that I fave.
And let's not forget brother Tim
Whose name rhymes with Jim.
At Target he works;
It gets me not perks,
So that's why this ode is for Jim.
Thanks for all the great stuff, Jimbo!!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Tice said...

I'm feeling your rhyming abilities here, April.

natalie said...

Oh April, you're awesome!

Jim and Amy said...

Flattery will get you EVERYWHERE...

april said...

i'm banking on it, jim. oh and thanks for having such an easy name to rhyme with.

natalie said...

I'm really diggin' the patching jammie bottoms in the last picture. Did they plan that? They so did.

april said...

nat - that picture was taken last christmas day and we have that tradition of opening pjs on christmas eve. so that's why they match. very observant!

quotables

"is that lily holding baby lily?" -lily's response when i showed her a picture of gracie holding her when lily was a baby.

"drama class is actually a lot of fun." -gracie (this is only humorous in that grace seemed surprised by how much she likes drama class. this from my child who we refer to as "a drama queen" when she is not around.)

"mom, you can go with my teacher and i'll stay home with japie and evan. daddy can go to work, and i'll be the mommy" -lily, in response to learning that she would be going to preschool next year instead of this year.

"mom, if you don't get rid of that smell soon, you're going to have to buy a new car." -gracie when it took me a couple of days to clean out my car after returning from a road trip.

"mommy, they have dress-ups for you!" -lily while walking by the prom dress section at macy's.

"i said the prayer "last"-erday." -lily's replacement word for "yesterday."