Tuesday, September 30, 2008

almost

on sunday, lily surprised me by choosing to wear an april cornell petticoat and dress. what? an outfit that was meant to go together and nothing odd to go with it (like adult sized velvet sock covers she had worn a previous week). then yesterday for school, she chose one shirt and one pair of pants to wear with no dress or skirt to go on top. i started to think maybe seeing other kids dressed "normally" at school was starting to rub off on her, until we did her hair.

yeah, that's right. she chose three ponytails, one of which (and only one) to be in a "nobby" (our family word for bun like ponytail) style, and i knew my lily was still in there. today she was back to her normal dressing routine. (i think we started out with five outfits layered on top of each other and she narrowed it down to leggings, shirt, knee socks and skirt by the time we left for school - i still stand by my too much laundry to do rule.)
sorry for the blurry pics; i'm struggling with my camera lately. help, annie!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

natalie said...

Yeah, you turned your comment thing back on! Lily makes me smile! I love her petticoat fashion, and most of all the one nobby look. Fabulous!

Brian said...

Hi, it's Annie but signed into as Brian. Is the camera on a slow shutter speed setting? Does it still shoot blurry on auto? If you are using the camera I think you are using, I never understood that camera very well. Good luck! Lily looks darling and glad to hear you all are settling into things.

Ash & Tim said...

Lily is too cute! I can only imagine when I have a girl I will want her to dress up all princess like and she will probably hate it. Oh well. Looks like things are going well.

Amanda said...

We have hair almost like that here...

I did notice Lily on Sunday and she was adorable as always...but does this mean she's growing up? I hope not.

She is such her own little person and it's wonderful. I love that you don't discourage her creations. Maybe she'll be a fashion designer someday.

quotables

"is that lily holding baby lily?" -lily's response when i showed her a picture of gracie holding her when lily was a baby.

"drama class is actually a lot of fun." -gracie (this is only humorous in that grace seemed surprised by how much she likes drama class. this from my child who we refer to as "a drama queen" when she is not around.)

"mom, you can go with my teacher and i'll stay home with japie and evan. daddy can go to work, and i'll be the mommy" -lily, in response to learning that she would be going to preschool next year instead of this year.

"mom, if you don't get rid of that smell soon, you're going to have to buy a new car." -gracie when it took me a couple of days to clean out my car after returning from a road trip.

"mommy, they have dress-ups for you!" -lily while walking by the prom dress section at macy's.

"i said the prayer "last"-erday." -lily's replacement word for "yesterday."