Wednesday, September 10, 2008

my apologies

in regards to my last post, my apologies to any woman who has longed to hear the word "mom" and for whatever reason has not been able to. please know i am grateful to have children in my home and know this time will pass too quickly. know too that i would probably give my right arm to hear jake utter the word "mom." at the same time, there are moments (many) where i wish i could pretend my name was "penelope" and ignore the cries (and yes, they are cries/wails/whines, etc) of help/want/tattling, etc... or just wish they would ask dad.

my apologies also to any who don't have a cute, two year old in their home who slurs together the phrase: "thank you ma" (which sounds something like - tane - U -maa) every time you do something for him. (it just melts my heart every time; i need to get it on tape before he learns to annunciate better.)





2 comments:

Tice said...

No need for apologies, April.

laina kay said...

Seriously! Don't apologize. We know you adore them, that doesn't mean it's not an exhausting job. Your post was much nicer than I am on a good Mommy day!

quotables

"is that lily holding baby lily?" -lily's response when i showed her a picture of gracie holding her when lily was a baby.

"drama class is actually a lot of fun." -gracie (this is only humorous in that grace seemed surprised by how much she likes drama class. this from my child who we refer to as "a drama queen" when she is not around.)

"mom, you can go with my teacher and i'll stay home with japie and evan. daddy can go to work, and i'll be the mommy" -lily, in response to learning that she would be going to preschool next year instead of this year.

"mom, if you don't get rid of that smell soon, you're going to have to buy a new car." -gracie when it took me a couple of days to clean out my car after returning from a road trip.

"mommy, they have dress-ups for you!" -lily while walking by the prom dress section at macy's.

"i said the prayer "last"-erday." -lily's replacement word for "yesterday."