Sunday, January 13, 2008

more opa visit

we went to hoboken, new jersey to see my grandma's family. my opa and my grandma met and married in hoboken and a lot of my grandma's family still lives there. the food was absolutely wonderful (italians know how to put out a spread) and as always, it was great to see everyone.


my brother-in-law was excited to wear his red sox championship shirt to the new york city area. the top left picture below is my opa and my grandma's sister. they have both outlived all their siblings, pretty humbling. my opa will be 90 next year and my aunt mary is older by quite a few years.



even though i don't look italian, i think i look most like my italian relatives. this is a picture of my mom's first cousin and me; see any resemblance?



opa, my mom and i took the kids to an amazing kids' museum. we had a blast. we also saw the movie enchanted, took pony rides at my niece's birthday party and visited opa's parents grave near rahway, new jersey. i'm sure we did more, but that's all i can remember for now.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

liza said...

you were so close to me! I remember when we sent to so cal to see your grandparents and they kept talking about hoboken and it seemed like such a far away place. who would have thought that this little girl from utah would someday live only a half an hour from hoboken? certainly not me. i went there for the first time just before christmas to get something for my daughter. seems like such a great city.

it's nice to see your opa in pictures. your family looks so happy to be all together. i'm glad you enjoyed the holidays so much.

natalie said...

Yea April updated her blog!
I loved meeting your opa, he was so sweet!
Pat looks absolutely stunning in that apron!

Tice said...

You had such a busy several months! I love all of the pictures. Especially you and your look-alive relative and Pat's expression upon opening the knife. Priceless!

mark eric said...

Hi, I just saw the trackback for trash the dress. Just wanted to thank you for the link :)

Mark Eric

quotables

"is that lily holding baby lily?" -lily's response when i showed her a picture of gracie holding her when lily was a baby.

"drama class is actually a lot of fun." -gracie (this is only humorous in that grace seemed surprised by how much she likes drama class. this from my child who we refer to as "a drama queen" when she is not around.)

"mom, you can go with my teacher and i'll stay home with japie and evan. daddy can go to work, and i'll be the mommy" -lily, in response to learning that she would be going to preschool next year instead of this year.

"mom, if you don't get rid of that smell soon, you're going to have to buy a new car." -gracie when it took me a couple of days to clean out my car after returning from a road trip.

"mommy, they have dress-ups for you!" -lily while walking by the prom dress section at macy's.

"i said the prayer "last"-erday." -lily's replacement word for "yesterday."