Sunday, January 13, 2008

attempt to be annie

i haven't seen my sister-in-law since last march; in other words, no recent great pictures of my kids. here's my attempt at taking pictures of them in all their christmas sweaters (that i got super cheap last year on sale).





here's my quote that i meant to post on christmas day; it's from "A Chrismas Carol" by Charles Dickens.
Bob Cratchit's responds as follows when his wife asks him how "Little Tim" behaved at church:

"As good as gold," said Bob, "and better. Somehow he gets thoughtful, sitting by himself so much, and thinks the strangeset things you ever heard. He told me, coming home, that he hoped the people saw him in the church, because he was a cripple, and it might be pleasant to them to remember upon Christmas Day, who made lame beggars walk and blind men see."

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ann said...

Hi there, the photos are great! I do love those sweaters and Colin brought his to France. So I guess I will see your girls in Feb. and then I hope to spend a couple of days in CT in March when we are in NYC. See you soon! --Annie

quotables

"is that lily holding baby lily?" -lily's response when i showed her a picture of gracie holding her when lily was a baby.

"drama class is actually a lot of fun." -gracie (this is only humorous in that grace seemed surprised by how much she likes drama class. this from my child who we refer to as "a drama queen" when she is not around.)

"mom, you can go with my teacher and i'll stay home with japie and evan. daddy can go to work, and i'll be the mommy" -lily, in response to learning that she would be going to preschool next year instead of this year.

"mom, if you don't get rid of that smell soon, you're going to have to buy a new car." -gracie when it took me a couple of days to clean out my car after returning from a road trip.

"mommy, they have dress-ups for you!" -lily while walking by the prom dress section at macy's.

"i said the prayer "last"-erday." -lily's replacement word for "yesterday."