Thursday, August 30, 2007

one really good husband

"It takes a really good husband to be better than no husband at all."


pat and i celebrated our 12th anniversary last week while i was in california. i called him early in the morning (california time) and shared with him the events from the previous day. then i hung up, picked up my journal and went to write the date. i immediately called pat back and said something like: "um, yeah, happy anniversary!" we're so romantic nowadays.
the above picture has been displayed at my grandparents house for the past 12 years. it's a little smoochie, but fun.


here's that really good husband of mine in his father's day "bowtie" that the kids made in primary. even my mom's cousin, who was out for my uncle's funeral and has only met pat a handful of times, made a point to tell me what a wonderful husband i have and how good he is with our kids. i couldn't agree more. after 12 years, i'm still amazed at how sometimes pat seems to know me better than i know myself and how at other times i don't understand why he still can't read my mind!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

sorichfamily said...

happy anniversary!! you two are the cutest! and very gorgeous in that photo!! ah...young love!! may your next 12 years be just as amazing!

our anniversary was very similar this year!! sorry we haven't chatted this week. i miss you! we are actually off to pa for the weekend...i am sick of travelling...so this HAS to be it for a very long time!! hope we can catch up next week. love ya!

Amanda said...

Love your wedding shot. You two are very cute and a great couple. Gracie looks so grown up and academic! Posey's jealous she has started school already!

Ken, Chelsea and Isaac said...

You guys are so cute in that wedding photo! I love it! Happy anniversary!!! Hooray!

chaffinclan said...

I love that you forgot to wish each other a happy anniversary! Funny how 12 years (and four kids and a dog and a house, etc) can change your idea of romance. Here's to twelve more great years!

DanaLee said...

Sniff, sniff, I remember when you guys were just dating. Thanks for the quote at the beginning of the post too, it makes waiting even more justifiable. :) So Annie busted me on the voyeurism eh? I love keeping up with you and the kids. I am still jealous over you visiting the Eric Carle museum, totally some of my favorite children's books!

quotables

"is that lily holding baby lily?" -lily's response when i showed her a picture of gracie holding her when lily was a baby.

"drama class is actually a lot of fun." -gracie (this is only humorous in that grace seemed surprised by how much she likes drama class. this from my child who we refer to as "a drama queen" when she is not around.)

"mom, you can go with my teacher and i'll stay home with japie and evan. daddy can go to work, and i'll be the mommy" -lily, in response to learning that she would be going to preschool next year instead of this year.

"mom, if you don't get rid of that smell soon, you're going to have to buy a new car." -gracie when it took me a couple of days to clean out my car after returning from a road trip.

"mommy, they have dress-ups for you!" -lily while walking by the prom dress section at macy's.

"i said the prayer "last"-erday." -lily's replacement word for "yesterday."