Friday, August 10, 2007

my star studded day

eric carle


the gaghan family

it started by heading to the eric carle musuem in the morning for a book signing with eric carle. it was fun to get a glimpse of him since i enjoy his books. of course, i forgot the camera (it's starting to become a trend for me).
then it was off to a play that one of gracie's friends was in. tammy gaghan was our usher. her kids were in the play as well. for those who aren't die hard race fans (like me), tammy and her family were in the family edition of the amazing race. i spoke with her after the play. she was awesome: so willing to answer my questions and give me the inside scoop. she graciously gave me her email address, so when the new season starts, email me any production/inside scoop questions that you would like me to ask tammy.
that was july 28th; today is august 10th. i am currently at my aunt's house in maryland. we are having a wonderful, relaxing time. i can't download my pictures from camera on my aunt's computer, so i'll get you'll up to speed on our trip after my return on the 12th.

1 comment:

Ken, Chelsea and Isaac said...

Hey April, I am still waiting to see your pictures here...

P.S. thanks for your vote! We thought about I.Q. before. It was very intersting you thought of that, too.

quotables

"is that lily holding baby lily?" -lily's response when i showed her a picture of gracie holding her when lily was a baby.

"drama class is actually a lot of fun." -gracie (this is only humorous in that grace seemed surprised by how much she likes drama class. this from my child who we refer to as "a drama queen" when she is not around.)

"mom, you can go with my teacher and i'll stay home with japie and evan. daddy can go to work, and i'll be the mommy" -lily, in response to learning that she would be going to preschool next year instead of this year.

"mom, if you don't get rid of that smell soon, you're going to have to buy a new car." -gracie when it took me a couple of days to clean out my car after returning from a road trip.

"mommy, they have dress-ups for you!" -lily while walking by the prom dress section at macy's.

"i said the prayer "last"-erday." -lily's replacement word for "yesterday."