Saturday, November 1, 2008

#6 nana's (and brian's) garden

my mother-in-law has an amazing garden/yard. i think she grows almost all her vegetables from seed. this year, my brother-in-law helped/took over/ became obssesed with the garden too and the results were quite impressive.


i loved how the onions grew partially above the ground.



digging up the potatoes. it was the first time i had seen it done as despite the fact that my grandparents and great-grandparents lived on a farm, their jobs were in the city. they employed a man to run the farm (that really was more for show and eggs - which i hated egging the chickens by the way).




here's my niece, anna, tasting the flower from the onion plant (yes, it tasted like onion). anna was gracious enough to pose for me when i asked her.


bonus pic of gracie's nature people that she created.

No comments:

quotables

"is that lily holding baby lily?" -lily's response when i showed her a picture of gracie holding her when lily was a baby.

"drama class is actually a lot of fun." -gracie (this is only humorous in that grace seemed surprised by how much she likes drama class. this from my child who we refer to as "a drama queen" when she is not around.)

"mom, you can go with my teacher and i'll stay home with japie and evan. daddy can go to work, and i'll be the mommy" -lily, in response to learning that she would be going to preschool next year instead of this year.

"mom, if you don't get rid of that smell soon, you're going to have to buy a new car." -gracie when it took me a couple of days to clean out my car after returning from a road trip.

"mommy, they have dress-ups for you!" -lily while walking by the prom dress section at macy's.

"i said the prayer "last"-erday." -lily's replacement word for "yesterday."