Wednesday, June 4, 2008

random news

it's late and i can't sleep, so i thought i would post. i was able to take a long shower sans children tonight where i pumiced my feet, shaved my legs and even got to put lotion on afterwards. so nice to feel so clean and refreshed. ...now if only i hadn't eaten so many brownies today, i would be feeling pretty good about myself right now.



anyhoo, the excting news is that we have procured a lift van for our family!! we are buying it from a hinckley cousin who owns a dealership in utah. pat just bought tickets tonight to fly out at the end of the month and drive it back to ct with my dad. this truly has been an answer to fasting and prayer as something that seemed so unattainable to us a few months ago has now become a reality. shortly before my grandpa died, he agreed with my grandma to contribute to the purchase of a lift van for us. my grandma lovingly worked hard to contribute our fund. then amazingly, a van within our price range became available. my heart is full with thanks and remembrance of both the tender mercies of the Lord and my grandpa.



you can go here to see pics of the van. it is HUGE!! i might have to relearn how to drive. as pat said to me a couple of months ago after i transported him to work for a few days, "you are going to have to slow down if we buy a sprinter van". alas, he's right; i do love a fast ride and a little weaving, which is not a good thing when you are driving a vehicle designed to carry 2 tons. my guess is that i'm also going to need to work on avoiding curbs. luckily (insert sarcastic voice here), i have a beeper/alarm thingy for when i back up!



in other news, i forgot to report that i accidentally did a back-flip into the pool at family day. the diving board was higher up and more springy than the one at my friends' pool. so when i went to do what i thought would be a back dive, it ended up being a back-flip. we did indeed release our butterflies last night and the girls were able to eat their rock candy (see pics below - grace was disappointed earlier today that i hadn't put the picture of her rock candy on my blog yet).


6 comments:

herb said...

The part about your self-serve "spa"treatment and brownie indulgence sounds just like Elizabeth!

Holy cow, that van is HUGE! May be you guys will become as famous as the Gosselins (Jon & Kate + 8) with your new super-size van?

herb said...

PS: Isn't that the kind of van that is really a Mercedes underneath?

PS2: Yup it is and you could even make it "official": www.mercedessprintergrille.com

jennah said...

April, that's sooo great! The van is a monster, and since you mentioned it first, I have too witnessed your NY- style driving skillz and well,... good luck people of Manchester! Just kidding, it will be fine. So glad your prayers have been answered.

sorichfamily said...

i'm so excited about your van!! yea! i know how long you have been waiting/wanting...what a process...what a blessing! i think your driving will be fine, if not, run them over!! :) my favorite part of the post was about your back flip...love it!! amazing things happen when we least expect them! love ya!

ps...thanks for making an effort to come tonight!!

natalie said...

I love the new background! Hooray for the new van!

Elizabeth said...

Wow! The van looks great, I'm really happy for you guys. I would have loved to see your back flip. Good luck with the driving.

quotables

"is that lily holding baby lily?" -lily's response when i showed her a picture of gracie holding her when lily was a baby.

"drama class is actually a lot of fun." -gracie (this is only humorous in that grace seemed surprised by how much she likes drama class. this from my child who we refer to as "a drama queen" when she is not around.)

"mom, you can go with my teacher and i'll stay home with japie and evan. daddy can go to work, and i'll be the mommy" -lily, in response to learning that she would be going to preschool next year instead of this year.

"mom, if you don't get rid of that smell soon, you're going to have to buy a new car." -gracie when it took me a couple of days to clean out my car after returning from a road trip.

"mommy, they have dress-ups for you!" -lily while walking by the prom dress section at macy's.

"i said the prayer "last"-erday." -lily's replacement word for "yesterday."