Monday, March 16, 2009

seinfeld*

we're in the process of trying to get jake on the medicaid waiver for our state. i started this in january and i'm still plugging away at it. after our first application was lost, a week of daily calls to a particular social worker weren't returned, i re-did the application which she then filed wrong and denied. thankfully, the worker at the waiver office is wonderful and sent something to help our application along again. the receptionists at the local office have been helpful too, but this one worker still doesn't contact me or let me know what information she still needs. after another week of unreturned phone calls, i had to go to the office for the umpteenth time this morning to pick forms. before he left for work this morning, pat told me to: "remain calm" and evan exclaimed: "no, i don't want to go here" when i pulled into the department of social services parking lot. i stayed pretty calm as i asked the receptionist for the forms i needed, but did show some frustration when i explained that i had received no notifications that i needed these forms or answers to any of my phonecalls for that matter!!! so now, it's fill out the forms and then wait on line again tomorrow to drop these forms off. i'm sure this worker's caseload is overwhelming and i do know that she was out sick for a few days at one point, but even still - SERENITY NOW!!!!!!*

*for the record, i'm not a seinfeld fan. most episodes annoy me and i never watch the re-runs. that said, there was some classic stuff, i.e. when kramer gives george's in-laws a ride in the horse buggy, that were hysterical.

7 comments:

PerkinsClan said...

I was wondering how your application was going. I am so sorry it's been so horrible! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Analia and Co. said...

I'm sorry for your frustration. That sounds like so much work....but hopefully it will payoff. Be calm and not to much of a New Yorker for a while until you can't take it anymore! he he!

Amanda said...

You are a good mama!

You don't like Seinfeld??

april said...

@ kristi and analia - thanks for the encouragement.

@amanda - yeah, i know it's a shocker. i think it's because i can't stand george's character, but yes, there are some gems in those episodes.

natalie said...

Yeesh. You've always been so good at that kind of stuff. I need to take lessons from you. Good luck!!
I've been finding more and more people who don't like Seinfeld. Tragic really...

jennah said...

Nothing like dealing with state-run services. You should have stopped in at the DMV on your way home to top it off. Hang in there. It WILL work out. Are you insane though? Seinfeld is a classic in my book!

Stace said...

How frustrating. I am so uptight from reading this. I think we can all relate in similar situations when we have had to rely on inane people. I am glad you persisted and got what you needed in the end. Wish things could have been easier though. Moms have enough difficulties in their lives.

quotables

"is that lily holding baby lily?" -lily's response when i showed her a picture of gracie holding her when lily was a baby.

"drama class is actually a lot of fun." -gracie (this is only humorous in that grace seemed surprised by how much she likes drama class. this from my child who we refer to as "a drama queen" when she is not around.)

"mom, you can go with my teacher and i'll stay home with japie and evan. daddy can go to work, and i'll be the mommy" -lily, in response to learning that she would be going to preschool next year instead of this year.

"mom, if you don't get rid of that smell soon, you're going to have to buy a new car." -gracie when it took me a couple of days to clean out my car after returning from a road trip.

"mommy, they have dress-ups for you!" -lily while walking by the prom dress section at macy's.

"i said the prayer "last"-erday." -lily's replacement word for "yesterday."