Saturday, March 28, 2009

january getaway

at the end of january, i went up with a bunch of my friends to an overnight baby shower at a bed and breakfast in new hampshire. the mom-to-be's mother owns the bed and breakfast. i had an amazingly good time hanging out with my friends and eating the most delicioius food. there was even a small ice skating rink in the back and a basketful of skates that some of my friends and i took advantage of. (thanks to analia for the pics.)


here's my friend, jennah (who has since had her baby girl on presiden'ts day in february), her sister (and also my friend), jillair and their mother.



the whole gang.



for the record, the dog wasn't fed the whole time i was gone.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kaylene said...

hahaha that is soooo something that would happen here at my house -- except it would be max that didn't get fed until i got back!

quotables

"is that lily holding baby lily?" -lily's response when i showed her a picture of gracie holding her when lily was a baby.

"drama class is actually a lot of fun." -gracie (this is only humorous in that grace seemed surprised by how much she likes drama class. this from my child who we refer to as "a drama queen" when she is not around.)

"mom, you can go with my teacher and i'll stay home with japie and evan. daddy can go to work, and i'll be the mommy" -lily, in response to learning that she would be going to preschool next year instead of this year.

"mom, if you don't get rid of that smell soon, you're going to have to buy a new car." -gracie when it took me a couple of days to clean out my car after returning from a road trip.

"mommy, they have dress-ups for you!" -lily while walking by the prom dress section at macy's.

"i said the prayer "last"-erday." -lily's replacement word for "yesterday."