Tuesday, November 13, 2007

well done

i am currently the chorister for our children's choir at church. i absolutely adore this job. once a year, the children present a program during the sacrament (main) meeting at church. they share what they have learned as well as sing songs that relate to their topic of study. this is a special day that the children as well as us teachers and leaders look forward to and prepare for all year. sunday was our program, and the children did great. the sang sweetly, spoke clearly and taught the congregation about faith (which was this year's topic).

for the program, gracie prepared and gave a 2 minute talk about her experience memorizing the articles of faith as well as accompanied a song on the piano. she also had her piano recital on friday evening (forgot the camera - sorry) and played the recorder and piano during a festival at school on wednesday (which we missed due to our trip to the school for the blind). it was a big week for her and she did great with all of her responsibilities/performances.

6 comments:

natalie said...

Thank you so much April for your help with Clee during the program!
Your amazing!

Scrappycook said...

Ape! Guess what calling I am getting on Sunday?! You'll have to tell me all of your tricks and what works and what doesn't because I have never had this calling! I honestly think I am being called because my kids do not know the words to the primary songs during the program :)

april said...

WAHOO, STACE!! i'm so excited for you! this is the BEST calling. i never ever thought i would love it as much as i do. nothing melts your heart more than kids singing beautifully (there probably are some things, but not many). i will definitely send you an email with ideas that have gone well. let me know your ideas too; i'm always in search of new ideas. i hope you love it as much as i do. how lucky for those kids to hear your beautiful voice each sunday. i occasionally have to remind my children that i can't hit those high notes and they have to sing loud enough to not hear my off-key singing.

Amanda said...

You are a fantastic chorister and I'm always impressed with your ideas and they way you can corral the kids. They sang so well, Gracie was fantastic. Thank you for all your hard work!

Lindsey said...

April,
I'm so glad the Program went well. You do such a great job at that! And I'm glad Grace did a nice job with her week...no surprise, though, I guess. :)

liza said...

April,
How could I have possibly stumbled upon your blog?!!!! I didn't realize you and Pat were out in the East. Welcome home. So fun to see your blog. Beautiful family!

Elizabeth and Brad Thatcher

quotables

"is that lily holding baby lily?" -lily's response when i showed her a picture of gracie holding her when lily was a baby.

"drama class is actually a lot of fun." -gracie (this is only humorous in that grace seemed surprised by how much she likes drama class. this from my child who we refer to as "a drama queen" when she is not around.)

"mom, you can go with my teacher and i'll stay home with japie and evan. daddy can go to work, and i'll be the mommy" -lily, in response to learning that she would be going to preschool next year instead of this year.

"mom, if you don't get rid of that smell soon, you're going to have to buy a new car." -gracie when it took me a couple of days to clean out my car after returning from a road trip.

"mommy, they have dress-ups for you!" -lily while walking by the prom dress section at macy's.

"i said the prayer "last"-erday." -lily's replacement word for "yesterday."