Wednesday, May 28, 2008

fritz is two!


as usual, i'm late with blogging about fritzy's birthday. he is officially two years old now. he wasn't feeling the best on his birthday, and we had to open his first present for him. luckily he is like his dad, and his "popping" noise making wood gun from cabela's made him happy. after receiving that gift, he thoroughly enjoyed opening his other gifts. the book in the upper right picture is called Gallop: A Scanimation Picture Book. fritz LOVES it and i highly recommend it. it is amazing.

my mother-in-law asserted her opinion on the whole evan/fritz thing with her present (as pictured above). my sister addressed evan's gift as: "evan "fritz" frederick macnair hinckley." oh well! leave it to me to make things complicated when they need not be. the fritz has definitely stuck as a nickname, but we still call him evan. i'll just probably get looks my whole life as to how we came up with that nickname from evan. i will admit that my pediatrician's nurse (who i absolutely adore) heard me call evan, "fritzy" and told me that sounded like a dog's name. her name happens to be "cookie" (short for carol), and i told her people named cookie couldn't comment. she told me she was protecting him, because no one spoke up for her when she was little.

evan is in the 98th percentile for height (37 1/4 inches) and 75th for weight (30 1/2 lbs.) he loves animals (his faves are horses and dogs), balls, cars and especially trains. he can do a somersault, kick and tries to goof off to get a laugh. one week whenever we would say it was time for family prayer, evan would just start flipping around and doing "tricks" on the couch to smile since he knew he had everyone's attention. he is still behind on language, but has been saying more words lately. he speaks the most when we read books with him and can answer questions such as : "what does a sheep say?" he is a great kid, and like tell anyone who will listen, he is the perfect note to end on!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

herb said...

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, lieber Fritz!

Elizabeth said...

Your e-mail didn't come through. If you're using our blog link, make sure to simply click on it, don't try to copy it (it's coded to protect against spam robots).

natalie said...

Whoa I can't believe Fritz's is two! Time flies doesn't it? Happy Birthday!

Stace said...

I love two. It is my very favorite age for my kids. And I love "Fritz". At least he is not "Bus". I knew a guy that everyone called Bus because he was hit by a bus when he was a child. And by the way, my boy did not talk until he was two and then you couldn't shut him up. I could be wrong, but your birthday is May 26th or so?! Happy Birthday! Also, I wish I could have heard Haydn's Creation. So cool that they did as in Haydn's day. Your brother-in-law must be a great singer!

Ken, Chelsea and Isaac said...

Cannot believe you are two! Happy birthday Evan!

Amanda said...

Oh April you make me laugh! People named Cookie shouldn't comment. Hilarious!

I can't believe he's two! Such a big guy that Fritz Evan Frederick MacNair Hinckley.

Love you April!

quotables

"is that lily holding baby lily?" -lily's response when i showed her a picture of gracie holding her when lily was a baby.

"drama class is actually a lot of fun." -gracie (this is only humorous in that grace seemed surprised by how much she likes drama class. this from my child who we refer to as "a drama queen" when she is not around.)

"mom, you can go with my teacher and i'll stay home with japie and evan. daddy can go to work, and i'll be the mommy" -lily, in response to learning that she would be going to preschool next year instead of this year.

"mom, if you don't get rid of that smell soon, you're going to have to buy a new car." -gracie when it took me a couple of days to clean out my car after returning from a road trip.

"mommy, they have dress-ups for you!" -lily while walking by the prom dress section at macy's.

"i said the prayer "last"-erday." -lily's replacement word for "yesterday."