Monday, December 17, 2007

birthday shout out

on my side of the family, most birthdays are in may or november (my sister-in-law who was is expecting, just had her due date moved from june 1st to may 31st - very fitting.) while i hesitate to start acknowledging sibling birthdays, i feel i should mention a happy birthday to my sister and my niece since i'm mentioning all the november birthdays. without further ado,

happy birthday, wendy!! thank you for being a true sister and friend to me throughout the years.


happy birthday, maddie!! your quotables list would put mine to shame. i love what the things that you say and your spunk.



p.s. here are a couple of my favorite quotes from my niece:
"mommy, how come jesus gave you a sister and not me?"
"when i grow up, i want to live by myself and have lots of cats!"
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

liza said...

i LOVE the pics of you and wen. you two are gorgeous. ah, the memories.

beautiful daughters too.

hap birth, wen. (erick henry used to say it that way). do you guys remember him? he now has 4 children- 3 girls and a new baby boy.

natalie said...

I can't believe how much Gracie looks like you! Too cute!

laina kay said...

Sisters are great! Love your niece's comment : )

april said...

ok, liza, it's taken me over a day to remember, but was erik the one with red hair? i'm awful at remembering people.

liza said...

yes, erick was the smaller one with red hair. andrew was the other redhead, but big and burly.

quotables

"is that lily holding baby lily?" -lily's response when i showed her a picture of gracie holding her when lily was a baby.

"drama class is actually a lot of fun." -gracie (this is only humorous in that grace seemed surprised by how much she likes drama class. this from my child who we refer to as "a drama queen" when she is not around.)

"mom, you can go with my teacher and i'll stay home with japie and evan. daddy can go to work, and i'll be the mommy" -lily, in response to learning that she would be going to preschool next year instead of this year.

"mom, if you don't get rid of that smell soon, you're going to have to buy a new car." -gracie when it took me a couple of days to clean out my car after returning from a road trip.

"mommy, they have dress-ups for you!" -lily while walking by the prom dress section at macy's.

"i said the prayer "last"-erday." -lily's replacement word for "yesterday."