Wednesday, June 6, 2007

why husbands shouldn't take pictures (at least mine anyways)

a few weeks ago, we went to a family day for my husband's work. it was lots of fun with games, pony rides, cotton candy (and other free food) and this rock wall to climb. my husband took several pictures while i climbed the wall (most of which look like the picture on the left; believe it or not, this is the least incriminating photo - i do have some restraint!) i have since informed him that even though most of my weight seems to gravitate to one part of my body that was no excuse for him to use that to center the pictures!

interesting side note: i made it to the top and pat didn't!

on a somewhat related note, i recently joined weight watchers. it's a good program and i've done well on it in the past. i'll let you know when i lose weight equivalent to that of a small child (which is my goal)!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kayla said...

1. I agree....it seems that my hubs 'follows' us around with the video camera, and everything is shot from the rear! Not my most flattering angle.
2. good luck with WW. I know some people who love it. We just finished a familiy weight loss challenge (similar to the Hogges) and we all did great. And...it was free! Its hard work, but worth it to get the weight off.

quotables

"is that lily holding baby lily?" -lily's response when i showed her a picture of gracie holding her when lily was a baby.

"drama class is actually a lot of fun." -gracie (this is only humorous in that grace seemed surprised by how much she likes drama class. this from my child who we refer to as "a drama queen" when she is not around.)

"mom, you can go with my teacher and i'll stay home with japie and evan. daddy can go to work, and i'll be the mommy" -lily, in response to learning that she would be going to preschool next year instead of this year.

"mom, if you don't get rid of that smell soon, you're going to have to buy a new car." -gracie when it took me a couple of days to clean out my car after returning from a road trip.

"mommy, they have dress-ups for you!" -lily while walking by the prom dress section at macy's.

"i said the prayer "last"-erday." -lily's replacement word for "yesterday."