Friday, March 30, 2007

a windy day in march


here are some pix from the wedding. i hardly took any pictures, but you can at least see what my kids looked like. if i get my hands on a cute photo of the flower girls, i'll post it. there was a cute one of the bride and groom walking with all the flower girls in between and they were all holding hands. it was darling.

the wedding went well. it was a windy day in march, but sunny and fun. lots of my family came from all over to support my brother and his wife and it was great to have such an outpouring of support. i have a very loving extended family. i'm blessed.

the windy day in march reminded me of a children's poem by A.A. Milne that i love. for those interested, it goes like this:

Wind on the Hill

No one can tell me, Nobody knows,
Where the wind comes from, Where the wind goes.

It's flying from somewhere as fast as it can,
I couldn't keep up with it, Not if I ran.

But if I stopped holding the string of my kite,
It would blow with the wind for a day and a night.

And then when I found it, Wherever it blew,
I should know that the wind had been going there too.

So then I could tell them where the wind goes...
But where the wind comes from Nobody knows.

(except for maybe metereologists or seafaring people? bet y'all didn't know i could capitalize!)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Evan is so handsome! What a young man. Why don't I ever see him at church? Love the tradition of decorating the room...too funny!

quotables

"is that lily holding baby lily?" -lily's response when i showed her a picture of gracie holding her when lily was a baby.

"drama class is actually a lot of fun." -gracie (this is only humorous in that grace seemed surprised by how much she likes drama class. this from my child who we refer to as "a drama queen" when she is not around.)

"mom, you can go with my teacher and i'll stay home with japie and evan. daddy can go to work, and i'll be the mommy" -lily, in response to learning that she would be going to preschool next year instead of this year.

"mom, if you don't get rid of that smell soon, you're going to have to buy a new car." -gracie when it took me a couple of days to clean out my car after returning from a road trip.

"mommy, they have dress-ups for you!" -lily while walking by the prom dress section at macy's.

"i said the prayer "last"-erday." -lily's replacement word for "yesterday."